"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, February 23, 2009

I--who intensely believes that no one, not one entity, not one secret service can fool me--stepped into a gigantic ruse. I was asked over and over if I would meet up with Henreitta at a late afternoon time that made no sense. We meet, like vampires. Still,I dressed and composed myself as would be required when summoned by The Queen of South Beach; some things you don't question. To my surprise Leopoldo and Henreitta staged a birthday party long, long before the actual date and they presented me with a ring containing two karats of diamonds. Unlike The Baroness Seitzinger, I am not moved by diamonds, but the thought of what my dear friends think I would like,what I would wear, and what I would always remember them for their thought, means so much that I will never remove that ring until the Bolsheviks pry it from my dead finger.

4 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely surprise. I wish I was there.

One more day!!!!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

My birthday isn't until April. This was Leopoldo and Henrietta's way of catching me off guard.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Contessa du Barry said...

Diamonds did you say Diamonds??

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Boy, if there's ever a word to flush you out of the woods, it is "diamonds".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home