"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something has to be done to defuse the situation between Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish and The Countess du Barry; Mamie's saber-ratttling has prompted du Barry to ready the fleet at Newport to come down and bombard her seaside residence. Mamie is constantly nagging me about how "...you people (i.e. Yankees)" changed her way of life; I can usually shut her up by uttering one word: Sherman (as in March to the Sea).
We kept our promise to take Henrietta out on the town and ended up at Twist until the scary time of four AM. We had to get up that day at 9 AM to attend Joe's Stone Crab last brunch before that season ends.
Henrietta has bounced back wonderfully and is back in the jewelry district buying new items.
I'm always fascinated by new faces, and alth0ugh this newbie had a face that only a mother could love, she deserved so attention.
The weekend ended at Twist (again) and I'm afraid that I snapped. Billy is a hairdresser whom I've known for many, many years. She does, although have the most annoying and loud voice that is constantly spew out her opinions. When you correct him on everything, he'll let out a blood-cuddling screech. So I had to kill him. Well, almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home