"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

the Trock and Madame Sobechenskaya

We all went to Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo last night; as usual it was a mix of great talent and greater camp. The Jackie Gleason Theater (only in Miami could you find a name like that), a rather large venue, was packed with an amusing cross section of what makes up this kooky city. As I walked home, I thought once again about the great Madame Sobechenskaya and all the fun times we had back in the 90's. I'll make this Madame Day; here a a few photos of the hundreds I took of this great lady.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd! Your photographs are always so beautiful, Mrs. Astor, are you a professional photographer???

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Not professional in the true sense because I never did it for a living; I did it to record the wonderful people around me. I still do this, by the way. But I did spend an inordinate amount of time crawling through nightclubs, gutters, outlaw parties in search of beauty, in one form or another.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a senior in high school 86, I saw the Trock in Vegas at the college. I went with my grandma, part way through the show she leans over and says god those girls are big. Look like linebackers. I savored the moment and then whispered, "they're guys grandma." Not missing a beat she said, "I'd kill for legs like that".

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

How sweet; it's important to never miss a beat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home