"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, May 13, 2005

How Do They Do It?

Last night I went bar-hopping with my Finnish friend, Ese. He noticed a rather pronounce yawn at one point early in the evening and giggled, saying that I was what in Finnish would translated to a pussy. My honor so challenged, I ordered shots of Zygo; he ordered shots of Jager. At this point he caught me pouring the Jager into a nearby, and soon to be dead, plant. "Pussy", again in Finnish. I admitted that I really had reached my limit, and he let out a cackle that did not suit his slight, blonde frame. "You should have been with me the last time I was with my parents in Kotka", he laughed. "The night before my leaving I drank three glasses of wine, 1/4 of a bottle of Mango Findlandia vodka, 1/4 of a bottle of regular Findlandia, 1/4 bottle of Chrystal vodka, had a late night meal of spiced meat balls, more Chystal, and 8 glasses of rum and coke. Then I went to sleep." All this from this cute, little rosy-cheeked cutie of no more that 140 pounds. I have always heard of the drinking ability of Scandinavians, but this shocked even me. I wonder how Ese ever got out of bed the next morning?

4 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Scandinavians are adept at pushing past all manner of boudaries. Take that in any way you wish (for that is how it is intended).

The Finnish are particularly die-hard though. I'll give them that!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Indeed; I must take off my ostrich-feathured had to you Scanulavians.

Esa, emailed me today that he was very hungover; so in a bad way, it made me feel good.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

Whoa! I dont know what is crazier - that he drank all that in one night, or that you remembered all that he drank in one night! That's a lot!

How you been my dear!? Fantabulous I hope! *XOXO*

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ever the perceptive one, AKH; I remembered it the old fashion way: I hastily grabbed a napkin and scrawled it down. I've learned that some of the cleverest lines have been lost forever in the haze of drinking, so I usually carry a tiny little pad and act like Lois Lane. I was caught without one the other night, but did what a girl reporter had to do. Then I blew him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home