"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, May 27, 2005

Pre-Vacation Time

Well, I took a few days off to collect myslelf and try to maintain my sanity. Memorial Day Weekend is not exactly a holiday here. Three hundred thousand Hip-Hop fans descend upon Miami Beach this weekend, a number that represents three times the population of the city and many more than the size of the police department. We enter a siege mentality for three days and have all week been preparing for this. As for The Palace, we have to shut down as we are an openly gay restaurant and bar with little protection from an element distinctly against us. Every year we are the target of attacks.

All and all, it is good for me; I live in a small section of the city that does not allow parking or even walking through; God bless high taxes. I will hold a series of pool parties for those poor souls who find themselves trapped here, pool boys will find that their union dues pay off, and there will be noone turned away with a pool boy union card. It is the least I can do for the city's residents.

Hot dog, anyone?

4 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my father in law said that this weekend was one reason he quit the miami police force ~ you have my sympathy on having to deal with the crowds and un-civilized people! have fun with the pool parties!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Hip Hop weekend? Wow, go figure! Well please stay safe Alexis and make sure that no gay guys are shot, beaten, or taken advantage of. Well, some gay guys might get "taken advantage of" but that should only be allowed if they actually wanted to, by their own kind, and in a wholeeeeeeee different light ;) Haha, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, YO! (Hip-Hop Version)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Save me a hot dog. Save me a pool boy. Oh hell, save me a pool boy's hot dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home