"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, September 16, 2005

The Beach Puppet Show

For some unexplainable reason I drifted out of bed in a good mood, deciding to make the best of insomnia, and walked over to Gay Beach (right across from The Palace) to watch the sunrise. There were the usual joggers and photographers, but it was mostly empty and the sun was struggling to make is way up beyond a strange formation of clouds. Perhaps it was me, but the clouds had the distinct form of an erect penis with a base of balls. The sun's position behind them was glorious.

I decided to do something I seldom do: lie on my back, hands behind my neck, and watch the sun spurt from that cloud. Funny things happen whem you lie down on the beach in a hooped skirt. You suddenly become a puppet show from the right angle. Punch and Judy hadn't been out in public for a while, but remembered all their old acts. Punch said, "Judy, if your mother were the only woman in Texas, the Lone Ranger would be a-Lone for a long, long time." Judy replied, "Funny, she wasn't complaining last night as she ate you ass out!" The crowd roared; or was that the ocean I was hearing. Insomnia plays tricks on the mind.

5 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

What an awesome way to wake up! Maybe basking in the sun's glory with the strange cloud formations rolling by is a sign of good things to come? I love looking at clouds in the early morning light - it just makes you so contemplative. I love searching the universe for the answers - you never know what the day will bring!

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you put some 50 block on the alexis junior miss and her "hand" maidens. I'm sure I'd be willing to give them the once over to check for sand fleas.
k

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new site Alexis!! Hope all is well.....and Jesse...you are hot!

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha... i just noticed that knottyboy's portrait is showing tit... how unusual.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Glitzy said...

I'm sorry to hear you suffer from insomnia but am glad you were in a good mood.

Also, thanks for assigning me such a gorgeous link picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home