"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, September 12, 2005

LPJ is Still in My Life


A couple of other internet friends have inquired as to what ever became of my Little Pal, Johnny. Well, LPJ is still very much around and--although he is a workaholic like me--spent some much-need quality time with me last week. We were particularly amused by this beauty salon window.

We married LPJ off very well a couple of months ago to the head buyer of one of the largest department store chains in the country. Between that and the friendship with Julian Chang, LPJ has reached a type of wardrobe heaven; his walk-in closet in larger than many studio apartments I've seen.

I met my Alabama honey pot back in March at--where else--The Palace. I was struck not only by how handsome he was but by his intelligence, his work ethic, the biting sense of humor he bandied around, and the confidence he possessed. I didn't have to teach this charge very much at all; we just thoroughly enjoyed each other's company all summer; The Fourth of July party stands out in my mind. Sooner or later all charges have to be left off on a much higher step of the Gay Social Ladder; although there was never any doubt of LPJ's abilities, I fretted about what would becoming down the road for him. (So many fall through the cracks.)

Last night I was contemplative about life here. I know that until I leave The Palace no semblance of a normal home life can exist for me. The image of the out-of-control merry-go-round in Hitchcock's movie often comes to mind when I think of life here. Some cling on, some fall off, and there's even a few of us who are laughing. The inevitable crash, though, is coming.

Oh, well; it's time to put on a pretty frock and stroll over to Ocean Drive; Mondays are usually very quiet and it's always a perfect time to look at the ocean and think.

7 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

VERY hot.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

hes so sweet, give him my hug!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

He's on his way over now to share a pitcher of beer with me. I'll give him more that a hug for you, Ian; I'll finger him for you if you like.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

LPJ,

I remember him now. I met him at Twist one Friday during one of my many weekend visits. I had just gotten over a mini-breakup and was a little down and out, plus I didn't slept the night before because of work. Directly from the airport to The Palace, Ditmar's Ketel One martini's got the best of me, and I remember stumbling out sideways over to twist when I met LPJ on the dance floor. We made eyes all night, and he walked me back to my hotel. Worried that I was too drunk, he spent the night nursing me to health until the next morning. Any other boy would have left me in the middle of Collins Ave in my condition. If I remember correctly he was working for a skin care company at the time. I remember waking up the next morning thinking...check kidneys, check wallet, check the hotel safe...it was okay. He's a good guy :) I owe him one ;)

Damn you Ketel One, I was so close ;)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

LPJ is sooo beautiful! I love his love of belts more than anything!!! I feel a kindred spirit in him. Plus, like Brian, he could share my hotel room any night of the week! ;)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

BRI, NO MATTER HOW MUCH ALCOHOL you WOULD HAVE HAD IN Your VEINS that night... lpj a nurse?????

mhhhh thereĀ“s something missing here...

love

Ian. (the bitch)

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it, I'm booking surgery for Thursday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home