"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Stepping up to the Plate


...and not the dinner plate. Like all busy days, I've been up for an hour emailing the gang to remind them about the benefit. (I'm alone and it's so much easier to get up and in action that way.) Craig Stevens, WSVN's head anchor, sent me a delightful email last night saying he was coming with his dog, Jack. I don't know who is more gorgeous, Craig or Jack, but Jack licks my face so I'll throw the title to him.

I trudged across the island last night passing out my flyers and accepting the occasional drink from a supporter. That may be why I don't remember coming home, but it was all for a good cause.

My beloved dog, KiKi, has been practicing The Dog Tango for today and I had a hard time finding him a Gaucho hat small enough to fit his classic frame. Ditmar came up with a super list of drink specials for the afternoon and Crown Prince Boris got the staff in line for the occasion.

The lights dim; the curtains rises; a hush descends over the audience. The show is about to begin.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

I´m sorry A. but u just can´t mix a GAUCHO with TANGO, even if u r talking about a hat... for a dog.

please, pretend I´m there with u all today! cuz my heart will be.

i love ya!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, I am so very sorry if I have offended the nation of Argentina by mixing "gaucho" with "tango". Obviously I need to take Latin sensitivity courses since I have the whole nation of Honduras on my case, too.

OK, instead of gaucho I meant Groucho. Take that.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

I am SOOOO excited for today and all the wonderful things you are doing! I wish I could be there, mojito in hand, to help save the animals and to take in the scene at the same time. As the curtain rises on your finest hour, I'm sure the reception will receive a standing O. Take a bow Alexis!! :) And tell Kiki to take a bow-wow! ;)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Just an addendum to other comments:

Please, Mrs. Astor, give us a total of the funds raised today and an accounting of the fun that you had raising said funds; or anything else that got raised in the name of the cause.

The Countess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home