"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, September 05, 2005

Help The Pets


My beloved dog, KiKi is safe and very well-cared for, but we are agonized by the plight of the thousands of pets that were abandoned, tied to poles, and locked up in apartments across the Gulf Coast. They are all starving to death. I talked with a pleasant lady from The Humane Society on Saturday; I told her of my plan to hold the benefit next Saturday at The Palace. She actually said, "Why sir, if you could donate $250 to us, it would go a long way." I thought, "Oh, girl, I'm a Lady and you don't know how much more than that I am going to raise." All customers have been warned that they had better show up with a check next Saturday; failure to do so will mean social excommunication. Take my word, customers.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle A,

(A) Kiki is the cutest dog EVER and...

(B) I hope all the regulars (and non regulars) show up! I love, love, love, love, LOVE animals and what you are doing is soooo *fantasic*! I hope so much money is raised for the animals that the Human Society lady will weep with tears of happiness. Here's to the right thing! :)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Mrs. Astor,

I will be there with a C-note in hand (please let me know if cash or check is better).

Anyone who knows me will understand why I make such a commitment, and I urge all reading this to do what they can to aid this humanitarian relief.

Granted, the human suffering of Katrina's victims is incalculable, but I do not want to think that their pets' welfare be left as a footnote; for those wishing to give to the Red Cross or Salvation Army, please do not forget the SPCAs of the community too.

See you Saturday--
B&T Mark

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

He's not only cute, Jesse, but talented at dancing The Dog Tango. He also fights crime in his spare time, biting off the fingers of evil-doers.

Thanks, Mark; a check to The Humane Society will do nicely. Hope you enjoyed the pool party.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Glitzy said...

Very good point Mrs. Astor. Those poor pets.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, you are a GODDESS for doing this. And thanks for sending those stories, oh I just sobbed for hours! Those folks that are saving those babies down there need all the help they can get right now. Timing is EVERYTHING!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home