"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Plaster(ed)


I had the walls of our new bar finished in Venetian plaster yesterday in anticipation of a well-attended Labor Day weekend. The boys, of course, were invited to celebrate the renovation and Ditmar (who was not working) and I decided that the best way to brainstorm was to plaster ourselves. I booked "Miss" Amy Rivers for Sunday, too, with the theory that you never can have too much of a good thing; she will now commandeer the major part of the weekend fund raising. South Beach is extremely pet-friendly and I was surfing through several pet charities operating in New Orleans only to come home to Ms. Bees Knees message about this site: https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005?/ She is my princess! My dog KiKi will be throwing his own benefit at The Palace as he demonstrates the intricate moves of The Dog Tango; as Jacob can attest, he is most likely the only dog to actually dance to Spanish music. (Mrs. Astor learned many Spanish "steps" herself over the past six years.)

Ditmar and I ended our trashed evening with my new favorite, the Honduran from Connecticut. The only one who knows the full story of that is That Pimpernel, who is in Switzerland until December; and we ALL know how well the Swiss keep secrets.

8 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIKI!!!! I'm so sad that I'll miss seeing a rare performance by this legandary latin dance performer. But, the show must go on. Be careful Alexis, Kiki has a way of enchanting the audience, so there may be vile elements to watch for after her tango. It may just be Amy Rivers, who'll do anything not to be upstaged!!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

KiKi is appalled so be referred to as "she"; he says he may be a gay dog, but he's all man. He also says that it YOU who had better watch out; in particular, your fingers.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear funds will also be raised for the animals that have been devistated by this storm as well. Thanks sweetie, you're my hero!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Yes, indeed. I just had a meeting with the publisher of The Wire and I am taking out an ad for an animal fund raiser next Sat. about which he is going to write an article (he's a pet freak, too) and in which I am going to give you credit for.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

My dear Mrs. Astor, Thank you for posting the Humane Society link. Sometimes the fate of our beloved pets are overlooked. I think it was Hurricane Andrew that first drew my attention to the plight of the animals that are left behind and need to be cared for. God bless you and Kiki for taking on this cause. I hope that Kiki has been practicing her dancing!!

Love, The Countess

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Countess, KiKi wants to remind everyone that he is a "he" even if he is named KiKi. And, as for the dancing, he needs no practice. It is "Down Pat".

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Oops, I apologize to Kiki. I did take note that she was a he. It was a very bad faux pas on my part to refer to him as a her.

Kiki, please accept my humble apologies. My only excuse is that there is tooooo much going on in the world, or New Orleans, at the moment to keep my head on straight (or bent); whichever the case may be.

Love, The Countess

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you mean Faux Paw? ::snicker::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home