"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, August 27, 2005

'On The Good Ship, Lollipop..."

Where the palm-palms sway....

Uhg! Still no electricity at home and I couldn't sleep, so about 1:30 am I said to myself, "Alexis, what would Ed Grow or Ms. Bees do?" And an answer came out of the silent air conditioning vent: "They would go out and drink themselves into sleep." So I walked the block and a half to The Laundry Bar and found it packed with fellow, power-deprived maniacs. It also seemed to be Media Night as I ran into WSVN anchorman, Craig Stevens, The Herald's Janet Jorgulescu, free-lance writer, Kent Miller, and channel 4's Brian Andrews. It was a veritable gay media convention and all agreed to join me at The Palace on Sunday for pre-VMA cocktails. Today I'm hosting a party for New York celebrity photographer, Tina Paul and her girlfriend, Ahrlene; Tina and I crawled through the same gutters back in NYC and it is a delight to have her around for the VMA weekend. The palm tree is still in my pool, although I pulled most of it out. I don't know if the Sunday Pool Party will go on this week; I'm going to be deprived of my naked boys and will be very cranky as a result.

4 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Dear Mrs. Astor,

Your indominitable spirit is an inspiration! I hope that the palm tree in the pool did no permanent damage and you can again enjoy Naked.Boy.Pool.Parties. I can't imagine life without electricity because that means no air conditioning. Only a lady can stay cool in such dire circumstances. I salute you and will try to follow your brave example.

The Countess

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Thank you, Countess; I am keeping my chins up.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Glitzy said...

Ughhhh!!! No electricty and S Fl heat do not mix. I remember my family didn't have electricity for a couple of weeks after Andrew.

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drink themselves into sleep* or have lots of anonymous sex. either or. give or take. ::wink wink::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home