"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Here We Go Again


It started the last week of August last year, and it's like a repeating nightmare. Last year, although not hit directly, Miami Beach was terrorized by four hurricanes in four weekends. It devasted business and we lost $100,000. in the month of September. Fortunately, it will be out of here by the VMA ceremonies on Sunday.

That concert I went to was being filmed for a TV video to be played on the Sunday night broadcast of The Awards. Maybe you can see me there at the Hotel Victor; I'm wearing rather flashy plaid pants.

On another front I am meeting Jerry the gay cop from New Jersey for drinks tonight at The Palace and I just heard that The Killers are appearing at The National Hotel, too. I shamelessly walked up to the head technician of the band a few minutes ago and offered to buy him lunch today. He's a cutie and looked openly touch by my kindness; I wouldn't mind being openly touched by him, but it's tickets for The National I'm looking for. I can just hear Ms. Bees Knees in the background: "Mwah-Ha-Ha-Ha". Or Ed Grow: "I nevah hahrd of sahrch ordahsitty".

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

You confuse me so. I think I will resort to IPA-ing all of my text from now on to rescue the rest of us from your butchering of Ed. Love.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Please accept my sencere apology for mimicing something you excell at. It's just so fun; I will, however, refrain.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Please let me know when the storms are over Auntie Em...*click* *click*...there's no place like SOBE....there's no place like SOBE.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home