"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Killers

I'm getting all pretty to see The Killers perform at The Victor Hotel (right next to The Palace). A very guarded event (it is the first of the many VMA parties about to begin for this weekend's
event), I was able through great diplomacy to secure a highly desired seat on their roof-top pool location. Yes, I sent emmisaries with notes of great praise, I engaged in a little gunboat diplomacy (like "you can't put that truck in front of our window--or can you?"), and finally I went to the top: I offered food and booze to the concierge. I was going to wear the blue chiffon dress with a train the size of New Jersey until Ed Grow gave my fasion secret away. Now it will be a peach satin Lee Radziwill super-tight gown with a bow the size of Montana on one shoulder.

Take THAT, Ed, you lahvlee kah-ween.

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Oh my gosh - that sounds like it will be a blast! I'm glad you used your infinite power to get yourself primo seats to a fun event. Make sure to enjoy the evening to your hearts content! As always - we want pictures! :)

-Jesse

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Astor, you'll be known as Mrs. Brightside from now until the concert! I can't wait to take in the show from the comfort of the Palace, when the music will spill over from the Victor and splash into the street!!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Wayne Cronin said...

The Hotel Victor looks faahhh-bew-lus

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the Killers several weeks ago here in Indianapolis. Great show, but I'm sure your show was much more fabulous1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home