"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Press Release

Channel 7 (WSVN), God bless their gay hearts, asked me for a press release today and here it is:

The Palace restaurant and bar is hosting a benefit on Saturday, Sept. 10 between 4PM and 7PM for The Humane Society Disaser Relief Fund. Everyone has been stricken by the images from New Orleans, but many of those poor souls were forced to abandon their pets during rescue and those of us on South Beach are haunted by images of pets locked in homes or tied to poles, starving slowly to death.

Most of us here on The Beach adher to the belief that we would rather die with our "children" than leave them. The best we can do is to monetarily help what is rapidly becoming a mass death of these pets. Please pass the word that The Palace will be holding this benefit and giving away drinks and prizes to those who donate.

Would you leave your child on a leash to starve?

5 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could attend. I would never have thought that so many people would leave their animals out of choice. But the destruction was no respecter of corporeal being. I'm so grateful you guys are helping to bring this crisis to light.
Cheers,
k

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

My dear Mrs. Astor, I wish I could join you for the benefit but, alas, I am otherwise engaged. However, in honor of all the entertaining posts that you make and the wonderful pictures you share, I have donated to the Humane Society relief fund. If any of your other online pals would like to do so, here is the link: https://secure.hsus.org/01/disaster_relief_fund_2005

My beautiful Llahsa Apso passed away after 14 happy years together and I still miss her every day. I feel so bad for all the hurricane victims who are separated from their pets.

Good luck with your benefit,
The Countess

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, sweet Knottyboy, I wish you could be here to with all your lesbian friends. I'd give you The Palace parking space for the pickup truck.

Countess, I love you; there IS a reason we are countesses. It's for the noble advancement of good deeds and good boys. My beloved KiKI is 15; I don't know how I will go on without him. I hope to meet you some day soon.

Meanwhile, I must go out and greet the throngs holding my feathered fan and a brave smile.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Controller?

That sounds so butch!

:-)

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Mrs. A-

Break a leg tomorrow! We're very proud of what you're doing for a our four legged friends. I wish I could be there. -Mr. B

(My favorite Mrs. A blog quote)

"Whether you like it from your pool boy or served over your asparagus, cream is a naughty delight."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home