"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tina, Ahrlene, and Katrina


My old pals from New York, Tina Paul and Arlene Ayala, arriving as waifs in the storm. The were walking up the steps of The Palace about the same time Katrina was arriving behind them. Little did we know that we would have a great time in a storm that caused so much misery later. They are originals and are New York's "fifbears".

Time is running out and the pressure is on to get this benefit organized; my flyers will be passed out beginning tomorrow and the ad goes into The Wire. The "squeeze" is also on and I've already surpassed the $250 originally desired by The Humane Society. My feathered hat is off to those who would not leave their pets and especially to those who risked their lives going back for them. (I was glued to the news sites all night.)

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Mrs. A,

Wonderful pic, but please tell me , is that the weather I'm missing out on? Good grief!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home