"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday's Here

I came home today from breakfast at The Palace and tried to take a little nap before the Sunday festivities begin and I have to re-appear at four. I was just about to doze off, listening to the wirring of the ceiling fan, when I hear "tap-tap" and nearly faint at the sight of Hyacinthe at the French doors. When I asked her just what she was doing here, she mentioned me "getting away with something" and I asked just what did she think I was getting away with, standing in my boxer shorts and all. Hyacinthe thought I had the twenty boys over again and hadn't told her (she took that mundane photo, you might recall, and--I think--performed oral sex on one of them.) I told her that life was not one big pool party and that every one of those twenty boys were at the fund-raiser last night not only engaging in serious "grab-ass", but opening up their wallets. (Hyacinthe operates a middle-class hooker call line and couldn't attend. To her credit, she donated $50, though).

I finally counted the money this morning so that I could get it to the Humane Society by Tuesday. $2007.00 was stuffed in Ditmar's glass vase, including checks from B&T Mark and bartender Susie for $100 each. God bless you two, and I thank all you regulars for making it a super Saturday.

6 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

hahahah honney, I went to bed at 7am (I had had that glorious mexican themed party with sombreros, tacos and everything). thank god u called me or I would still be sleeping.

CONGRAts on the benefit I KNEW IT WOULD BE A SUSCESS!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want pictures!!! Did you take any? God baby cakes... I'm just floored by how successful this all turned out. You are a goddess!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

This post just made my Sunday! I really wish I could have been there. Mrs. A you really need to have a talk with Kiki and have some remedial guard dog training. How did Hyacinthe make it past the gates?
No man should be disturbed on a quiet Sunday, especially in his boxers. Anyhow, please let me know when the wedding is going to be. May I suggest you have the boys come up to Martha's Vineyard for the wedding, this way I can work on getting licensed so I can "marry" them myself. Then you can fly them down to SOBE so they may consummate the marriage poolside. You'll take pictures of course ;) Splendid...I'll talk to you soon ;)

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOK! ALEXIS is a superstar. Years in the making on the covers of the wire, his big heart an insatiable lust for all things fine, he's made the cover of a very respectable south florida news paper. WAY TO GO ALEXIS....and congrats on the sucess of your philanthopy and the wonderful people contributing to your cause. You're continuously upping the ante on how you continue to astound me Alexis. Your truly "good peeps".

http://www.expressgaynews.com/2005/9-9/news/localnews/localnews_unsafe.cfm

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

I am soooo excited and happy that the Pet Benefit was a smashing success! It sounds like everyone was out in full force to enjoy the night, the debauchery, and most of all - the good cause. I love when stories like this have happy endings...aweee! You need to tell us about the benefit from Kiki's perspective! :) Was he happy with his animal friend cohorts? Will there be a Pet Benefit II next weekend that he appears at? How much money was stuffed in his "collar"? (I hear he went to work his thing at Twist afterward...) So many questions! :)

I also have to mention that - you have betrothed me? Sheeeesh - Brian is already starting on the wedding planning arrangements!!! Will Ian be my bridesmaid? Will you be the Matron of honor? Do I ever get to see or meet my future husband? :)

Last but not least - in relation to the article Jake posted - GULP! That scares me a little bit. No, no, no - not the picture of you - that is fabulous, hehe! :) Is South Beach as Anti-Gay as they said? I totally don't want my head bashed in :( But I guess if I have a husband in the army I will be protected?!? :)

I am soooo glad everything went perfectly with the Pet Benefit! Congrats again to ALL involved!!! :)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

That's not a picure of me; it's a picture of my mother. No, South Beach is not dangerous; Ft. Lauderdale just likes to make it sound that way. Like everywhere, you have to look behind your back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home