"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Pet Aftermath

What an incredible day it was. Absolutely everyone showed up, and--as it is a "well-heeled" crowd to begin with--generosity was the order of the day. Countess Bedelia is in a state of needing to know just how much was collected. Last night, Crown Prince Boris and I started to count it and realized that 1.) he was too busy and 2.) I was too tipsy, so we stuffed in all into a shoe box and locked it in the safe. It's a huge amount of cash.

Drag entertainers, TV anchorman, Craig Stevens, and a bevy of pups kept everyone happy as did the non-stop pouring of our bartenders, Ditmar, Miguel, Marko, Amit, and Susie. (What a diverse bartender staff: an Austrian, a Honduran from CT, a Croatian, a former Israeli commando, and an All-American girl from Harrisburg, PA.) And STILL we made twice as much as a usual Saturday. I saved the pet beauty products donated by the super-cute manager of Browne and Co., Raul for next week; I got word that 100 rescued animals are arriving here in Miami and that tells me that another benefit is coming up next Saturday. Somehow I woke up to a blonde cutie from Detroit, too; great name: Adam Gunn.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Well done, Mrs. Astor. I see you collected over 2 grand for the cause. Take a bow (or bow-wow)!

Plus a BBB (Blond Boy in Bed). How I wish I had one of those myself. *sigh*
The Countess

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! ::claps hands:: I'm so happy that you all collected so much... and how did KiKi fair? Standing ovation I'm sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home