"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Being an "Ex" 101

Someone has to do it.

Ten Lessons to Learn for an “EX”

1. There is a reason why you are an “ex”. Focus on it.
2. Don’t beg; it’s so unbecoming. Bitch if you must, but don’t beg.
3. Being bitter never, ever brought anyone back..
4. If you are being paid to shut up, do so.
5. Don’t call me at work to ask how I am.
6. Don’t show up at work to ask how I am.
7. If you have custody of the pets, share that custody.
8. Be nice to my new friends.
9. Life is a banquet. Move on to the next course before it gets cold
10. There’s a reason why I loved you once; don’t ruin that, too.

Note to self: Don’t call someone and “ex” when you’ve slept with them just three times.
That’s a trick, darling.

4 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Oh Mrs! You *do* lead an interesting and dramatic love life. So many posts lately that I am having trouble keeping up with them all. You, know, inbetween placating my man-boy slaves, and the lawn boy, pool boy, etc. I grow weary. (shuffles feet, pouty pirate)Love.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Ed, I can't say it's boring. But life here is so directionless; shallow and tawdry heaven, but pointless.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

:)

THAT WAS GREAT! We love you Mrs. A!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

Wait wait wait..
Isnt the rule
1- Trick
2- Double Trick
3- Friends with Benefits
4- Very Good Friends
+5- Affair

(Yes, I think it takes that long to get to "Affair" status.) Hmm.. I'll have to think about that one.

Dont let the city get you down, baby! (Like I'm one to talk..)

Love,
Akh
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home