"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Continuing to Do What We Can

I've been brainstorming with Colleen, one of the directors of the Humane Society of Broward County, which has been transporting 300 abandoned pets to south Florida. I sent her $1000. toward that effort and she suggested I choose two orphaned pets to sponser; they can't be sent down because they have been so traumatized. Our "adoption" will be to feed and find them a good family. I carefully considered all the animals brought so far to the center. There were many cute and happy pets available, so I chose two who looked like they went through Hell; I figured they might have the hardest time of all finding someone who wanted them. They are Buddah the border collie mix, above, and Randy the cat. God, the look on his face is ghastly.

7 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Is that dog in Florida now?

Mr. B

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Yes, he is. We are trying to find them all homes. It is so sad to see their faces. It is as if their eyes say: "I saw death."

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

My dear Mrs. Astor,

You sometimes do have the silliest posts which are so endearing of your loves and your lives in South Beach but your heart is so big; it is humbling to read these glimpses you give of your generous soul. These poor pets who must be missing their loved ones and can never tell us who they belong to. Thank you for caring about them. (Now I am getting tooooo sentimental.)

The Countess

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, Countess; if I could only tell you of how I agonize over the stupid life I lead in this town. It has been gnawing at me like a rat on my nylons lately. Email some time, or call; I'm not inacessable.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Glitzy said...

I applaud your big heart. I also love your new template

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh alexis! yes, thank you sweetheart for loving these *lost* babies. with you on their side, i know they'll find love again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home