"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Only The Dildos for Now


The publisher of The Wire, Carl, and I spent FOUR and ONE HALF hours at the World Erotic Art Museum press party last night. It has been years since I have seen so much of Beach Society out at one event, so many bejeweled women, so many leather gowns, so many tuxedos (the usual type and the leather version), so much of everything. When I was just about to stagger out, I commented to Mr. Gary on how the food (catered by Barton G ) endlessly kept coming and he said, "Miss Naomi ordered (I adored that term) that fresh food be made available all night.

I am leading a contingent from The Palace to the museum today at one; it was too much to absorb even in four hours, but I will focus on one aspect of the collection: The Dildo Collection. I own only one dildo and it constantly complains about being ignored, but I spent an inordinant amount of time studying what was at the museum. There were terracotta dildos from Mesopotamia all the way to sequined ones from the present. They were made out of glass, marble, iron, agate, wood, bronze, jade (my favorite), ceramic, plastic, and just about any element that ever existed. Miss Naomi, (she stands about 5 ft. one or 5 ft. seven if you counted the beehive), at one point showed us a nineteen century French dinner bell dildo.

I have to sort out these pictures before I post them, but I will never be the same again.

6 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

ohhhhh! i must come visit! i'll leave my cell here at home... it will be a great break from The Collectors! i'll see you in a couple hours then. buh-bye! ;)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Oh, akh, mention "dildo" and you come running. I like that in a man.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Mmmmm....sequins.

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, alexis, are a hussy. A good old fashined tramp. I can't believe you didn't invite me!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

This is just the type of high society that I am accustomed to. Art and Sex...a perfect combination! I look forward to seeing these dildoes up close and personal; especially the sequinned one...tres chic!

Knottyboy has the right idea for a dinner bell!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Knotty, give me a break; I don't own ANYTHING called a "hee-haw" How repulsive!

Mikevil, your invitation was obviously intercepted by Darwin who did not want you at a high society event, being so gorgeous and all.

Countess, in reality I was partial to the malachite dildo; Imperial and Firm. It thrust the words, "Behold, the power and glory!" If I could only get my hands on THAT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home