"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ready for Season...


...in other ways. Marko is our newest bartender and he is from Croatia. He admittedly had never worked as a bartender, but agreed to train relentlessly under two of the most harsh teachers in the world: The Wild Hun of Austria, Ditmar and the ferocious, former Israeli commando, Amit. Many of us Ladies of Society with a Past would circle the main, outside bar as his training went on. Talking behind our fans as Ditmar curse in German, pounding his fist, stomping the floor, crying, "NO, God damn it Ve don't do it dat vay!" We found it fascinating and to our liking; it was almost sensual. At other times we watched from a distance as Amit firmly held a glass in front of him and demanded "How many ounces is this, can't you remember?"

It worked; for someone who did not know what a martini was the first day, he made remarkable strides. I ashamedly remember seeing that he had forgotten his notebook the first night and opened it. The first entry was "Gin and Tonic: Pour gin in glass, add tonic." I could read no more.

I, of course, was more gentle in my teachings. The first day he had the bar to himself, he asked what should he wear. I said, "As little as possible." "Wha...What?" he stammered. "Simply put, Marko: the less you wear the more you make. Look around you; look at your fellow workers."

He looked, and never turned back to look again.

11 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marko needs to take off his pants. Mama bees always likes a show with her dirty martini. Make it happen!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Bonanza JellyBean said...

Yyyuummm. Oh, I'm going to have some Croatian dreams tonight.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should Marko ever decide to use his own personal swizzle stick to stir up a dirty (with emphasis on dirty) martini, well, I, uh... never mind.....

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

soooooo everything has been setted up to my arrival....
how kind of u...

please, make sure his "trainning" be completed by the day i put my cane
on your land.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Bees, we keep trying and are getting close.

Bonanza, just think "Adriatic, Adriatic, nice chest....."

Mark, do you ever stop drolling?

Ian, he will be "ready" for you. Life will hold no surprises when I get through with him.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Mr Man said...

I think it's better to show "Welcome to America" than it is to just say it. Now I have a hankering for a martini. yumz

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

What a byooo-tee-ful boy. You do seem to have a stable of ethnic stallions Big Daddy Alexis.

I am tying to think of a horse innuendo, but I keep coming up short. Oh! There it is. Love.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ed, I don not believe you could ever come up short. But, will you still keep trying?

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I'll be waiting on my Cleopatra Couch. Thinkng of you and all the Skittles I'll have to have the servants haul up. Don't worry, nothing's too good for you.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

why tha´hell i´m not that comfortable with that big.daddy manners?

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like that one scene in "STUDIO 54."
Where the shorty boy is propisitioned to give the owner head, and Ryan Phillippe gets to barback and find drugs in the vip room instead of shorty. When they both realize that their clothes are checked at the door.....they began making bank.

If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to envisioning Ryan arrogantly asking "whati'll be" in his Jersey accent. And me replying.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home