"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, October 07, 2005

Day 1: Lunch my Captain of the Guard


Now I know things are turning back to where they were before the Month of Sorrows. Jeremy, Captain of The 7th, stopped by for lunch today and was talking about all the usual things: hypocrisy in a small town, the total adoration of Latinos and all the grief it brings, foreign wars, lost loves, court intrigue, and--most of all--revolting peasants. The mention of that term alone was enough to drop his fork on his dish "Eggs Metternich" and grimace. My loyal Captain; he's a hard one.

Although dark clouds over the Bahamas bespoke of yet another evening of tropical storms (like the one two nights ago that destroyed my cell phone), the sun was shining over Gay Beach and I was feasting on pan-roasted fresh grouper toppped with a roasted yellow pepper bouillon sauce.

All is returning to normal, I hope. I even lifted my veil to let a little sun dance on my face. Ah.

8 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

The Mrs-

"Bespoke"? We are archaic, aren't we. I was mostly confused as to what you have been up to the last month, I had trouble deciphering your cries for help. Ah the pathos...

PS-If Jesse can call you 'Uncle-Alexis' I want the exclusive rights to refer to you as 'Big-Daddy-Alexis'. Do consider.Love.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

You aare hereby--in accordance with the powers bestowed upon my--to call me "Big-Daddy-Alexis" forever until this good Earth ends.

Personally, it would make me cring from anyone else. But from a much-admired-talent-and-beauty like yourself, I draw strength on it and thank you for tinking of me in dire times.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

"cring", "tinking"----why oh why don't I have a pool boy who also a proof reader? The injustice.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

BIG DADDY ALEXIS????' MHHHHH

Alexis, open your eyes, as a friend of the Bees, I suspect something evil coming from Ed.
What if he wants to own your fortune and
(with YOU-KNOW-WHO)is planning a murder to claim for his rights as your son?.

mhhhhhhh...

THE BITCH-

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

"suspect something evil coming" from Ed? Darling little Ed? that's like expecting the the Pelham 123 at 5:00. You know it's going to get to you, but may be a few minutes late.

Ed's so adorable, Ian; you shouldn't be worried. Why I' making up his guest room right now for him and the "very close" friend Graiger.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

The Mrs-

Of course *you* know how pure my intentions are, my sweet, sweet Big-Daddy-Alex. Although I expect some reciprocation on your part. Namely buying me ice-cream occasionally, giving me dating advice, playing baseball with me in our backyard.

And killing that hooker-bitch Ian-Ivy. OOO! Whoops, that sort of just slipped out there didn't it? I love you pops!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

"daddy daddy" I think you should go back to that old idea of hiring a food tester...

oh, Ed... I have some ice cream HERE! why donĀ“t you come and get it?

The Bitch

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ian, I want you to "put up" with you white step-brother, Ed, at least for a little while. I'm trying oh-so-harddddd to figure out how to turn him Latino. We could go into "that" over and over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home