"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, December 05, 2005

Another Departure


Our favorite nuclear technician (how many do you even know), Greg Gosbie, is leaving us this week for Pittsburg. I don't want to sound crass, but they couldn't pay my ass enough to move to Pittsburg before winter even begins. Alas, we will toast him Tuesday night at 7pm, at 8pm and probably until everyone gets kicked out by Boris.

Although not a member of The 7th, Greg led his own band of regulars; fortunately there was never any jealousy between the groups. All I need is for rival gangs of healthy, young men competing for top honors.

I'm a little confused at the outfit, Greg. You delightfully pull off the Gary Cooper look, but you are so much more Barbara Stanwyck.

7 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

No assignment I have tomorrow could be more difficult than that of composing a proper toast for Greg. Talk about a heavy heart :-/

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

WOW... Now I know what would be the perfect wedding gift...

I´M TALKING ABOUT THE HAT!!!



(My hugs and love to all those sweethearted babies who signed and sent such a wonderfull comments about "the thing" on last A.´s post, Thank you!)

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Farewell Greg! A familiar Palace face that I will miss this winter for sure. Good luck!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Greg always had the well-being of The Palace in the forefront of his brilliant mind. Case in point: the day the new bartender (on his second night) got drunk and took off ALL his clothes. Greg ran to fetch all of us because he knew the trouble it could cause (we do have families who dine there). A Great Guy.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw the hat, I want the hunk, YEEOWZA!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so with Bees on that!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mr Man said...

take the hat and ride the cowboy (or let him ride you...gotta be fair). such a shame he has to leave the sunny state. at any rate, I do believe I'll be in the Miami area for NYE...I think I'll have to feature The Palace. Maybe it'll feature me as well. lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home