"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Boy Out of Uniform


I am still recovering from White Party weekend, just spent two hours on the phone with "special friend" laughing and laughing, and have still to sort through the photos from the weekend. So? Mr. Peabody says we go into The Wayback Machine.

David was one of those personalities at Mars when it first opened; he and his boyfriend always wore leather and denim and he scared me because he was a motorcycle cop. However, he was always gracious and, in an atmosphere as crazy and over-the-top as Mars, that was a distinct plus. Then, one Sunday, David and his boyfriend arrived in drag; I was head-over-heels in love with him now and my camera was a thirsty beast that night. Funny how a boy in a dress is so much more easy for me to approach, and I invited David and his boyfriend to my apartment that week for dinner. They were lovely, enchanting and nowhere near as menacing as they appeared in leather at night in the seedy meat-packing district. Most of all, he loved his photos. It takes a real man to adore a gorgeous photo of himself as a sexy lady.

7 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A vision of loveliness. BTW, I never noticed that pic with you presenting the machete to Jeremy... Ed Grow was right! You *are* a silver fox. Ever venture over to the other side Mrs? Or are you just all cock all the time? Inquiring minds want to know!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

QUOTE OF THE YEAR:
" It takes a real man to adore a gorgeous photo of himself as a sexy lady"

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Alas, Bees, I am one of those 100 percenters. I knew it at 6 when I fell in love with Billy Mumy in Lost in Space. I'm a lost cause.

You are too sweet, Ian. Do you want to get married?

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

are you still trying to make it public???
HELLO, PEOPLE and Vanity Fair already emailed me asking foe details...

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Big 'ol Daddy 'Lexus-

I laughed for hours on end after recieving your penis tower picture. The life that you describe to me is some Hurricane ridden, gay club frenzied, drag show gone wrong, debauchery. Although it may come off as intimidating to a county boy lahk mahself, it is glamorous in a way. Here's looking at you Mrs. Love!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Ian, my question was rhetorical; my grandmother always warned me of what The Public shouldn't know.

Ed, my little Huckleberry Finn, it is sort of a Hitchcock merry-go-round out of control, but I'm the girl laughing.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Mrs-

As Hitchcock said, "Let's bring murder back to the home, where it belongs." Does anyone else hear the blaring clown music?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home