"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, November 28, 2005


Sometimes I wish I could just throw back my head and laugh at all around me, but--as silly as I am--most times I find it rather difficult.

Lavinia, though, has no problem. Embroiled in a life of great style and nonsense, she seems to walk upon the waters of serious life. Every engagement with her is one of frivolous banter, high style, and silliness (my strength). She makes going to the local grocery market an event.

I think of the partyat which she showed up as Caligula being the moment of truth for me. How many people show up as Caligula for a Versace party? Answer, Not Enough.

6 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis!!!

May we all learn to find our "inner Lavinia". She sounds like the type of person who transcends her own being - she is not only a person, but a way of life! I'll subscribe to her school of thought any day, with her as the headmistress. Let's learn to be her eager pupil and embrace the every day! Or at least try! :-) You are the BEST and I can only hope you are feeling good and had a fabulous Turkey Day! I hope you can find your inner Lavinia, and I'll help if I can in any way!

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

The Joker on a dress... so interesting...

Now seriously, the joys of life are there for you to grab onto them... yes, like the asses of the 7th.

I think we all must try hard to find our inner Alexis and then, start living our lives as better human beings.

love

Toto.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lavinia is stunning... those golden [brow] arches are to die for! and that spider web dress you posted earlier... can i borrow that???? HAWT!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jesse, Ian: Let's not get too deep; I might drown.

Bees, do you really want a hand-me-down siper web dress that has been through hell and back?

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something about this photo screams, "No wire hangers" to me. Loves it.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Big Daddy 'Lexus-

Caligula is the 'bomb', as one might say. I could go as Caligula, and you could go as Tiberius, complete with a school of minnows biting you all over your body. Do consider, Love.

PS--is that the picture of you below with Jeremy? You are a silver fox. I have alwuhs lahked oldah men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home