"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Spiderella


I thought a bruise on my left leg had been the result of a spider bite, as several people I know have been bitten by The Brown Recluse lately. The bruise, still to be verified, is the result of a severe cramp, the likes of which I get all the time.

However, in talking it over with friends, I realized that most detest spiders and told them of a character I had invented many years ago, Spiderella, Crime Instigator. Spiderella could appear at the most staid event, instigate mischief and as quickly leave. Too often, she was the life of the party and never left until she was carried out kicking and biting. This the first Spiderella photo ever taken in the 80's with my little bitch, David, as we were about to mount the motorcycle and drive off to who-knows-where?

3 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

David looks Colombian! Crazy and Dangerous!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

STOP IT, Brian; David's last name was Hamsley, pure WASP. I didn't know the value of Columbian emissions back then. I do, fortunately, now.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi - love the costume (and character) but I wanted to comment on the leg cramps (had 'em - never want one again). I highly recommend half a glass (min) of tonic water daily (pref. afternoon) ... mix with whatever if you're not keen on the taste - should make sleep (etc.) much nicer. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home