"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Machete

I have been haunted since I posted that I was buying Jeremy and The 7th machetes to terrorize the peasants only to have Jeremy go down to Honduras on disaster relief for Hurricane Stan and his being robbed by two men with machetes (not to mention catching malaria). Last week Mark told me that his gardeners had left a rusty machete in his front yard and I seized on the idea of presenting it to Jeremy this past Sunday. I presented it on a green, velvet pillow with a throw over it embroided with the Romanov double eagle; it was a class event that demonstrated that The Countess adored her captain and the protection he has given over the year. I love you, Jeremy.

6 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

only you have the gift to convert any horrendous situation (robbery and malaria) into a huge Romanov act

i luv ya!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Remember, Ian, I was the only one to survive The Basement in Ekaterinburg. Of course, I had to blow every soldier, but it was a talent I was to to improve upon through the next ninety years.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

It was you who survived? What happened to that bi-atch Anastacia? I heard she had a really great penthouse on the Upper East Side for many years. Who knows?

*SIGH*

Such Southern Decadence - what with the 7th, fabulous gifts of mortal destruction, and embroidered pillows! :-)

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd is it that I'm now moonlighting as an arms-runner... but it does have a certain allure.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The fun is back at the Palace and it looks like a beautiful day in South Beach. Ah, Paradise!

You can make a party out of any situation, Mrs. Astor. You are a credit to Society.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

I salute Captain Jeremy of the 7th. My eyes teared up learning about the ceremony.

Mrs. A-

Was Thomas out this weekend. A quote from a south boston story of a meth lab that was busted.

"The discovery was made after an ambulance call on Sunday. Police say a 29-year-old man died of cardiac arrest while engaged in sado-masochistic sex with two other people. Police found a large amount of S&M material and costumes, as well as marijuana, ecstasy and the meth lab."

Alexis, please check the cage again. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home