"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Our Evita Party


I'm still recovering from our Evita party on Tuesday night, but it pointed out a couple of misconceptions I harbor.

First, though, I have to thank Matt for obtaining 12 fabulous seats on a sold-out opening night for free. Now, that is power! (Matt is a Palace regular who has the gayest job in the world: he teaches Broadway musicals to high school students around the country.) Hal Prince was backstage, too, that night.

My greatest fear about seeing the traveling version of a play I saw open on Broadway is, of course, that certain disappointment will ensue. This was not the case at all; it was upstanding presentation of a piece that by now is probably timeless. My other fear--that of traveling to the mainland--has to go, too. Twice in one week over those bridges has proved that I can safely return AND have been truly entertained.

Tonight, it's our turn to honor Matt with a birthday party that the bitch, Wilma had postponed. Beginning at 7:30 at Ditmar's bar, we will do what we do best here: celebrate something!

"Keeping books on social aid is capitalistic nonsense. I just use the money for the poor. I can't stop to count it. " Eva Peron

God, she was fabulous!

5 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny. i always though YOU had the gayest job in the world? well, i suppose i have no need for you now. so where can i find this matt fellow? hmm? does *he* need a hag?

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

How dare you drop me like a pair of last season's knickers! I'll have you know I've done more to promote gayness than Paul Lynde, and I will not be overtaken by some upstart who probably sings "Annie" in the shower.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

ohhhhhh pleaseeeeeeeeeeee no annieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i forgot what i was gonna say...


jesus, how i hate that lilĀ“brat!

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"the" mrs. astor - thank you for taking such sweet care of my good pal Matt and introducing him to the joys of friends, fun and remembering to breathe. He values his Florida crew so much and knowing he is so well taken care of makes those of us in NYC glad to know, although the hurricanes are dangerous, his friends are a hoot! Oh and for showing him how to blog because the boy doesn't call nearly as much as he should....hope to make your aquitance some day...

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

ANNIE!?!? Oh now, in the shower I tend to go with OKLAHOMA . . . "I'm just a girl who can't say no."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home