"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanks


Thankfully, we got the fresh turkey out of Epicure Market in a lightning commando raid. My favorite gay Morman, Dave, rode shotgun against the J.A.P.s and G.A.P.s (much better than SF); everyone knows Mormons are reliable, hence the dependence upon them for The Secret Service. Mr. Turkey brined all night and is now in the oven, where--while making a spinach and tomato soup--I am basting and rotating every fifteen minutes. My skills at basting won me the title of Master Baster last year.

I am thankful for:

My very, special friend without whom I would be lost, who has always had an answer for when I had an anxiety attack, a broken heel, or a hurricane.

My many friends who are good-hearted and intelligent in a land lacking such qualities.

The place I work, despite the stress it can cause.

The place I live, because I seldom have to wear a jacket and get to look at so many cute boys.

Good health and good humor.

and, of course,

The special friend.

I hope happiness embraces all of you.

Alexis

7 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

My dear Mrs. Astor . . . happiness embraces us so often when you're around. On this day of thanks, may I say many thanks to you for your kindness and friendship to so many!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Tom said...

And a happy and festive holiday to you too, Alexis. Wish I could be there to "sample your bird." Did that sound dirty?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

Alexis, please read the lines written by Showtune several times a day, I think most of the people, like me, who are blessed by your friendship and love, feel exactly the same... and he found the right words to express it.

THANK YOU, SPECIAL FRIEND!

LOVE
Ian.-

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Showtune, are you drunk this early in the day?


Tom I love dirty anything.

Ian, what can I say, but you can guess.

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, I certainly hope that you were basting the turkey every fifteen minutes. You, yourself are tender enough.

And thank you for being so sweet. I too think of you as my special friend. Now that IAN has decided to go orange - oops, I mean blond - I think you need to shop for a younger model.

I happen to be free this eve - $25.50 tomorrow night though.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

SO CHEAP...

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I am sitting at my desk here in New York, in the sub arctic weather, reliving the glorious week in South Beach. What better way then to read about it from Mrs Astor?

I have to admit that I was worried that my week-long visit wouldn't warrant any space in the 'real' news of South Beach. But much to my happiness, I will evermore live as the one who defended the turkey!!

For that I am Thankful.

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home