"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving Folklore 101


I have a "special Friend" whom most of you know the identity of already. As I've said many times, he has for so long been at my ear during every crisis, imagined or otherwise, and I so greatly lean upon his good advice and humor.

On the afternoon of Thanksgiving, I was home basting and turning the turkey and making soup when friend wrote, "I know Thanksgiving is a big holiday in America, so I'm sending you a present in a few minutes." Excitement surrounded me, and I danced back into the kitchen in anticipation. A few minutes later the "click" of his email came in and I bounced back to retrieve it.
To my amazement it read, " OMG, you don't know what just happened! I was taking a photo of my crotch for your present and I lost my balance and fell over the computer table, knocking the computer to the floor." Touched, by kindness unknown, I responded, "God forbid, I should ask now for an ass shot."

He sent the photo of the crotch shot and you can almost see his bare foot rising as he is about to go over. What are "special friends" for, but to be special? I loved that Thanksgiving.

13 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's fallen head over heals...!

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was he "basting" his "turkey" at the time of said incident?
Mwah
kb
God what I wouldn't give to get stuffed for thanksgiving

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two need to hump and get it over with. In fact, get knotty in on it too - he's looking a bit uptight these days.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Knotty, I will stuff you any holiday (for one of those cool masks). My god, what has become of me!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

That's why you have someone ELSE take those pictures! Of course, that means they have them and may use them against you . . . aww crap!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Mr Man said...

I don't know how I would survive this world without crotch/ass shots, Golden Girls, and pain killers. thank the lord, Cher, for all she has given to the children.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Bees, I feel first.

KB, no he wasn't basting, it was all so innocent.

Mikevil, must you be so vulgar?

Brian, still always ready to trade flesh for fine art?

Show, that's right! there ARE photos of you making the rounds. You little Paris Hilton.

I second the motion on all of those and add anti-anxiety pills.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Bwahaha! A foiled crotch shot. However, it seems to have inspired so many fantasies that I have to feel it served its purpose.

Turkey basting is a necessity for a successful Thanksgiving feast. Whose to say what exactly is basted?

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and now can look forward to some Christmas cheer and Holiday Fun. I look forward to Mrs. Astor's tales of debauchery from the past and the present.

The Countess

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

I love you both so much!!! PRICELESS!!! :-)

-Jesse

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I be less than the man I am?

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jesse, you know us both very well. the feeling is reciprocated.

Mikevil, don't you mean "less than the (pig) I am"? oink!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Chup-Chup said...

can someone tell me exactelly what is Thnxgiving? If I'm jew...i can also have a piece of turkey?

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

chup chup--I don't think there were any Jews on the Mayflower, but they probably financed it, so you can have turkey, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home