"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sunrise on a New Year


Don't ask me how I was up early enough to walk to Ocean Drive to watch the sunrise this morning; this is a shot from The Palace's patio. I guess not drinking cocktails out of glass slippers all night long helps, as does being just very content, relaxed, and happy.

We are enjoying dry air and warm temperatures this week. It was odd to be dining outdoors at 10pm last night and listening to people complaining about being "hot". This afternoon it was indeed warm enough to make me turn on the A/C; KiKi is out by the pool sipping a Bacardi CoCo and I'm picking out something very light to wear upon my return to the festivities at The Palace because it IS hot today, and The Countess can't be a sweaty mess when she greets Jeremy and his men.

The crowds on South Beach have been overwhelming all week, enough for the police to have halted traffic coming from the mainland (we hate those people anyway). The hotels on either side of us charged $1000 per person for New Years Eve dinner (we charged $49 and were sold out an hour after the ad in The Wire came out.) I'm not a miserly person, but for $1000 I would expect a solid silver noise maker and a blow job, and we were offering the latter for free anyway.

6 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Dear Mrs. Astor,

With less than 24 hours into the new year, I must say that 2006 has turned out to be an exceptional year for me personally. As I type this I am sitting immediately above the Palace (thank you Victoria!!), Ocean Drive is blocked off to all but pedestrian traffic, and those on the hoof are having a bewildering good time (especially if they are from the tundras of New England, the Midwest, the Rockies, or the warm but rain-drenched California).

2005 has taxed me enough; it has exacted a high toll on me both personally and professionally. However I believe that 2006 will be a better year for everyone, North or South. I only hope that my sense of optimism is shared by every reading this, especially those impacted the this year's hurricanes [yeah, it's silly, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking :-)].

Best wishes to all...
B&T

 
At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to beautiful new beginnings and beautiful new men to grope. Happy new year my sweet alexis. I hope you know how much I love you and Ian. XOXO!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

Happy New Year Mrs. A!

You've had some great posts in the past few days, you're making me homesick! I wish you nothing but the best for you and Ian this year. I'm SO thrilled that you are both so happy together. I'm so excited for you both.

As for Thomas, I hope you still bring him a bowl of water on occasion inbetween your chats and phone calls to Ian. I saw what Kiki did to the pictures, but Thomas is defenseless chained up in the basement.

HUGS,

Officer Brian

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Mark, you neglected to mention the hunk you picked up at The Palace on NYE. Isn't THAT really how the new year began for you? Naughty.

Bees, My most sincere wishes for you and your wonderful story-telling. I believe it was through you that I "met" Ian, so I have much to thank YOU for.

Brian, Thomas is fine; he got a new set of leg irons for Christmas and is just giddy about them.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Happy New Year to my dear Mrs. Astor and Ian!

2006 promises to be an exciting year and the vision of a wedding at The Palace brings happiness to so many hearts. I look forward to getting down and boogying at the reception. XXOO

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

okay. heres the deal. for 2006 im turning over a new leaf. my resolution is: no more sex with stangers... wait. no that was someone else's.

mine was that im going to sell everything I own except the clothes off my back (Maybe those too) and move down there with you. I'll be your little slave boy... whats that? Have enough of those? Well I'll be your side-kick... or assistant... OR SOMETHING! Gosh. I'll figure it out when i get there. See you in a few!

Love,
Akh
XoXo

P.S.- I've initiated my "Top 10 Diva Countown" starting with those who didnt make it! Check it ooout!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home