"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, December 23, 2005

Last Goodbyes


After dining and drinking at The Palace all week (it seemed as if almost everyone had time off), Jeremy, the remaining members of the 7th, and the rest of the gang bid a tearful goodbye and embarked on trips to their families. We will reassemble next week in time for New Years.

In the meantime, the remaining holdouts will gather this afternoon for one of Chris Inskeep's famous Lavish Luncheons. I tried to wean out of Chris last night just how many people he had invited, but the number varied between 10 and 15 depending on just what who he could remember inviting. "Tsk, tsk", I thought, "more rather than less are usually invited in a tipsy haze.", but Chris waved it off with a decision of prepare lunch for 20. Ah, The Voice of Reason.

4 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

You deserve all the happiness in the world! I am SO SO SO SO SO glad to see that things have come so wonderfully together for you. You know that I am always here for you! I'd much rather see you with a smile on your face and a spring in your step than a lampshade on your head!! :-)

Love Always,
Jesse :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jesse, our baby; thanks, for it's nice to be calm and happy in the madcap world I live in here (as you well know). I have never been so content on the approach of New Years as I am now; I believe I speak for your other guardian, Ian, when I say he is, too. Happy Chanakah, Jesse.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Merry Christmas, dear Alexis. And best wishes for what sounds like a delightful new year.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Christopher said...

Dear Sweet Alexis,

You are an absolute gem for coming by the Lost Boy chronicles and making yourself known, much less introducing yourself. Hope you had an extremely lovely holiday and congrats on being in love =) And as for Ms. Bees Knees and her Studio 54 Jeans, you might have to ask if she will let you borrow them, after all she was really young when she had them ;-) Thanks again for coming by and I send a storm of glitter your way for the New Year...xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home