"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, May 27, 2006



I am now holed up behind the electrified gates of Castle Astor. (Plans to position cauldrons of boiling oil on the roof proved impractical as only 100% Virgin Olive was available.) And I am, alas, alone as the much-anticipated visit from KiKi did not materialize.

Ditmar is safe in Der Fuehrur Bunker in Morningside and the only other to stay, Mark, is safely put away in a home for courtiers with missing limbs (even though his accidents were not in the line of duty, I pulled a few strings). Doug and Henry are in New Hope, Mikey off to Spain, Jeremy kidknapped from The Cult of The Palace by his family and taken to Massachusetts, Miggy's found refuge in The Magic Kingdom, Scotty in Springfield, Susie took off to Key West, Showtune is singing for his freedom in Orlando, and Edison went to New York. The list goes on and on.

There has been no reported trouble, but it's early; in my experience trouble begins late Sunday as people run out of money, drugs, and still aren't laid. And then there is The Agreement: that alliance between City Hall, the police, and The Herald to underplay any bad news. When I say "bad" it is referring to murder, rape, and robbery; permitted bad news is a stolen radio, perhaps even a snatched purse (as long as the lady, or man, wasn't injured). This is a very small town; when a body is found everyone knows immediately, but you will never read about it. (Educated people don't read The Herald anyway, unless it's for the sales.) But no screams were heard, no sirens, and especially no CHOMP, CHOMP, CHOMP of police helicopters. It's early.

KiKi's no-show left me with an inordinate amount of meat which I was to pamper him with. At the moment I am marinating three steaks, three pork chops, and one half chicken in everything from Jack Daniels to orange juice. I will experiment today and try to keep the other friend who stayed in town, depression, from the door. (He knows how to get around the fence.)

8 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Uncle Alexis,

'Depression' is a bitch. He comes to visit me often. Maybe you can throw one of those extra steaks at him to keep him away.

BTW - why the hell is my name 'Baby Jacob'?!? :P

Love Always,
Jesse :P

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

That is some fortress! I hope Bob and Terry don't try to sneak in unexpectedly. 100% virgin olive oil can be very slippery.

I can't even say what I think about Kiki not coming for the weekend. It makes me so mad.

Don't marinade the meat in alcohol; it only fuels depression. Email or call your friends; we are all here for you.

xxxooo

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

well countess, I actually CAN say LOTS of things about Kiki not coming but you know...

to talk about Latino Crap makes me wanna puke and that´s not proper of a young lady...

let´s just say:

"let them burm in hell"

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Alexis,

BTW - right after I got back from South Beach and was taking the train home from school one night, I met a Corporate/Park Avenue Princess/Daddy's Girl/Former Sorrority Girl whose name was - Alexis. She had to borrow my cell phone b/c her $400 phone she just bought had already broken. Anyway, we got to talking and she said she loved my tan. Naturally, I told her it was from South Beach. She got *SO* excited and told me how she was going there for Memorial Day Weekend to visit her friends down there. A pale ghostly look came across my formerly tan face. She was like - "Oh no. It's true what they say about that weekend, isn't it?" I told her the story about the Palace having to shut down and that it's reputation is pretty much spot on from what I have heard.

She got all worried. But - She then said "Well, at least I'll get VIP status and get to go into Crobar for free. My friend fucks all these guys and gets us free VIP tickets!" I stayed pale and was like "Umm I was just down in South Beach and they had the closing party for Crobar. It's being remodelled until September."

Poor Sorrority Biatch! Maybe she is down there this weekend and you can hang out with her and knock back a few Cosmos! :)

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Jesse, you little biatch...this is what we are talking about. This story is worth of a blog. Keep them coming, sweetie.

Ian - From your mouth to God's ear as they say....Evil Ex..pfft!
Where is Officer Brian when we need him?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Tom said...

Alexis,
Enjoy the pork chops. Have you considered speaking to the alligators? Perhaps they can "thin out" the crowds a bit.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Countess, I updated again! Your grip of terror really has the fire under me going! ;)

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I expected to see a couple of trained attack rabbits on the drive! I heard the arrests totaled 570+ through last night. I didn't realize the police had that many honeymoon suites available. Obviously, they have gone to a "take no nonsense" policy, which is likely just what the doctor ordered. Is it true that Officer Brian was conducting the strip searches?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home