"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, August 21, 2006

Lahoma van Zandt Has Nerve!


I genuinely expressed my belief this morning (to the group of New York misfits I used to associate with) that I had been grievously hurt by the theft of an artistic idea: the image of my retarded and distraughtly fashionable daughter, Sweetie. The notion of legal action was pondered when the Legendary Lahoma van Zandt took to the floor and wrote this:

"Alexis, you live in Gay Cocktail Fantasy Lalaland. You are far outside of any legal jurisdiction to sue anybody."

This coming from someone who put Popov vodka on the map and now thinks Carrie Nation should be sainted.

It is the best of example of a dangerous trend I have been warning of for years on my high school lecture circuit: Sober Rage. Just because some of us enjoy A Cool Refreshing Beverage I don't think our rights to redress in the court of law should be revoked ,and I am saddened that an old star should lash out like this. (I mean, really; is her postcard collection in so much order that she shouldn't be keeping her attention there?)

I've mailed her a jar of jelly beans to soothe her nerves; in the meantime there are the photo archives.

8 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

You know I love Lahoma but really...Gay Cocktail Fantasy LaLaland? I wonder what world I live in????

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Thank you; what this world NEEDS is aristocratic common sense.

 
At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that next to her head? Is it a penis? If it is, I want to come to Gay Cocktail Fantasy LaLaLand!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree whole heartedly with you hon. Just because I need to wear adult diapers because of my frequent embibement doesn't mean you can walk all over me. I might lack bladder control but not common sense.
I'm feeling a little dry below hon...pass me another sloe gin fizz.
kb

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

-rolls eyes-

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please darlings, no need to worry. What on earth do you think it is she's hiding in that paper bag? Iced Tea?

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lahoma's comment is deeper than what is stated. You have to realize this comes from a 50 yr old who lived in a world of addiction. Clubbing, drinking and drugs and needing excessive amounts of attention. Now he lives in a world were addition has moved to meetings and coffee. For someone to say what he did is just a projection of his own issues which he still lives in. Remember boys if you are sober for 10 plus years, you still have to go to meetings everyday or in excessive then you need a therapist to work out the other issues.

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring back lahoma
bring back lahoma
has anyone watched the great Nelson Sullivan videos with lahoma?
There is a great scene where they are both marching in a parade with the gay members of the nypd
good stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home