"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Lady Bunny Turns 160

The only person actually older than Lahoma van Zandt, the Lady Bunny, turned 160 years old today.

Like Lahoma, Bunny served in The Civil War, although her interpretation of The Blew and the Grey led to some speculation that she did more to make sure the South kept rising than anyone else.

Bunny has devoted an entire life to the glorification of poor taste; her website speaks volumes on this point. Without her we all might be better people and so boring for it. I have been in attendance (and filming it, by the way) when she gave a speech on the history of flatulence in a club named Poop; I was reduced to tears during the near-Shakesperean event.

I'm not going to go on and on about all her contributions to Western Civilization, because there simply have been none. But, I know my life was made a wee bit more interesting for having known her, and--for that alone--"Happy Birthday, Bunny".

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

I checked out Lady B's site--she's a hoot!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Glitzy said...

Oh my goodness...the Tampax ad had me rolling...

How ya doing alexis?

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to sound an awful lot like the non-drag version of Lady bunny. My life has been lived to the highest echelons of bad taste and flatulence. God I'm so ashamed. Not really but my mother always told me to lie and look embarrassed when the time was right.
kb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home