"the" Mrs. Astor

Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's The Name, Stupid!

Well, it looks like we have dodged the bullet on Chris. This is a relief because it troubles me to no end that we have to be saddled with life-threatening storms so commonly named; can't they at least have come up with "Christophe"? Where is the flair in whatever department dreams up these names; I bet there isn't one queen on that committee to stand up and speak his mind on this matter. And just what is next? Debbie! How can you possibly be threatened by Debbie; doesn't she make cupcakes for cheap variety stores? Names like Patty and Sandy are down the road, too.

How about Hurricane Bodeica? THAT instilled fear on Roman soldiers, imagine what it would do to housewives in Key West. And, I said it last year and will never hesitate to repeat myself, but throwing in the name of a Japanese monster movie could only liven up a five-day cone.

I have, of course, the "Hurricane Party" advertised for Saturday and Sunday. Fortunately, those parties are so beloved by the locals, that I really won't have to drum up hysteria (or howling winds). People wake up hysterical here and carry on throughout the day that way(it is a prerequisite for being allowed to live on the island). All know is that if I'm to be terrorized and my clothes ripped off in a storm I want it to be by an Ernesto or Tony.....Oh, wait a minute; they're coming, too.

5 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Chris used to be an unusual and rare name. Then it became a fad and lost all of it's cachet. (Grrr) At any rate, I detect a bit of jealousy here, as who is going to name a hurricane Alexis? Talk about non-menacing!

Actually, I do agree, Hurricane Godzilla or Mothra(or Atilla) would be great fun.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

just the thought of you having your clothes ripped by my father (Ernesto) gave me the creeps...

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Hurricane Scooter or Hurricane Biff

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

"Atilla is at the gates!" or singing the song: "Moth-thu-rah". (And, let's not get personal. Hurricane Pimpernel ain't exactly making me run for candels.)

Ian, I don't allow family to interfer; your blow is far to superior.

Lukke...OK, as long as Bunny gets in there, too.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Hmmm, definitely not Hurricane Pimpernel, but Hurricane Scarlet might have the desired effect... although, I used to wrestle with a kid named Biff -- he wrestled dirty (hee, hee)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home