"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



absolutely NO ONE is concerned about the inevitable Hurricane Chris; people look at the TV screens and pick between Lebanese being blown to bits, stupid comments by President Bush, the likelihood that Chris will be knocking at out doorstep on Sunday, or the latest episode of When Good Pets Go Bad. I needn't tell you which wins.

For my part, I took the high road and telephoned the publisher of The Wire and told him to add, "Hurricane Party, Saturday and Sunday, drink specials all day". Nothing binds people here on South Beach like a Hurricane Party, and I will shamelessly stretch it out as long as I can. "Storm Surge", "Rain Bands", and "Tropical Force" come to mind as drink specials. We are open now to suggestion. (And, Jesse, don't you dare say "Dance the Beyonce".)

5 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I have always been fond of the "wind blown", a light combination of cassis, vodka and champagne (a variation of the "fly away", which omits the cassis)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

Dance the Beyonce!

:-)

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Looks like Chris is tracking south of the old prediction and will go the length of Cuba, which could be the end of it. However, if it emerges viable in the Gulf, it will be a new game.

www.noaa.gov

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I was just talking about your Hurricane Parties this evening. Have a great time!

If I was there, I'd just want my scotch pure and my martinis dry.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

I must get back by then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home