"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, August 04, 2006



The Little Terror is back. Oh, is it just my nostalgia acting up, or do I feel life returning to my veins? Mike Riley is back from two months in Spain and was accompanied with his all-too-viscous wit. After spending several hours at The Palace waiting for me, he called and we decided to meet on the grounds of a neutral principality, The Laundry Bar. It was all downhill from there; Lord how that boy can drink!

I started out noble-minded, sipping only Tangueray tea (I never seem to get a hangover from that). And , I tried to wash his mouth out with soap (opinionated? Save me) at the Laundry Bar, but then he dragged me across the street to Edison Farrow's Buck 15.

I absolutely shudder at what will happen when Jeremy returns from Bogata.

6 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

If you're going to run with those guys, you must stay in shape! I prefer to referee, which has less onerous duties.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Riley can drink like a fish, I can attest to this. With him and Jeremy combined - forget it! Those boys drink by the PITCHER, not by the glass! A few hours with them and you will end up under the table. I guess they have the same cumulative effect as Tequila. Watch out for your liver! :)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

J., oh, stop it. They're skinny white boys. (hee, hee) But come to think of it, so are you...

Age and experience, that is what it is all about. (oh, am I giving my strategy away?)

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Oh, Mike has his Tinkerbell hat on! This brings tears to the Countess' eyes. And he is a man who can hold his liquor. When Jeremy returns, it will be a party that all other parties will be held up to as an example.

In the meantime, Mrs. Astor, stay in training!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Stay in training? I thought I invented the course!

Pempernel, would you KINDLY stop giving the secrets of OUR generation away. If these kids think they can top us, well, let them try.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Top? Oh, I totally agree! HA HA (I know more dirty wrestling holds than any current Olympic champion).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home