"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

All Hail The Princess

Our baby, Jesse, flew in tonight and will be staying for several weeks. The remaining members of The Palace's Royal Council have made it our mission to finally get him out of that shell so well-built by his family. In true fashion we banded together; I secured Pimpernel's gracious apartment for his use, Mark picked him up, Raymond prepared the red carpet at The Palace, Matty prepared a choir of teenaged songbirds to serenade his arrival, and five, friendly, humpy Italians awaited to please him. You can never count on the summer weather in Miami to be your friend and Jesse's plane circled for hours as an incredibly violent storm quickly formed just off the coast and pounded he beach.
The five Italians had sought refuge from the storm like many others and were attracting a lot of attention; they were very well-mannered, gracious, and of obvious good breeding. Everyone was asking about them and I said, "They are speaking Italian", which only caused more interest. So, I walked up to the apparent leader of the handsome pack and, in Italian, introduced myself and asked if they were from Rome. They were so friendly, explaining they had just come from New York, were going to San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. "What a gay vacation", I joked and asked what they were doing tonight. They said they were going to Edison's party if they could find out where it was tonight, and drew them a map. I bought them a round of shots and a bond was established.

At that point Opportunity tuggged at my sleeve and I said that I had a friend, Jesse, coming down from New York, that he was intelligent, gorgeous, but shy, and that I would bring him tonight to meet them. "Remember his name," I asked. "Jesse", they replied in unison.

Damn! I was getting him a date already; how could you miss with five? Then, Jesse arrived hours late, luggage lost, then found, and we met at The Palace to lament the five lost dates. Jesse shrugged it off to fate, and I shrugged it off to "Tommorow is Another Day". Get ready to climb back on the horse and charge.

3 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I warned the young man... no luggage, carry on only. Noone listens!

Glad he arrived safe and sound.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

*waves to Jesse*. Travel today has become an adventure unto itself. Happy to see his smiling face safe at the Happy Place! Hopefully Mark will have better luck tomorrow.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

I was devastated to hear that Jesse missed an international (Italian) relationship. Having conducted so very many, many myself, I can only grieve for him.

In the true spirit of my 18th century alter ego, I do hope that he has the opportunity to save a French royal from the jaws of death and the rewards therefrom... I have always found the French to be very generous in their gratitude to their saviours!

Not to be presumptuous, but a good Uncle would guarantee it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home