"the" Mrs. Astor

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Big Story of the Day


Jesse will be a big story for several days now. Everyone remembers and adores him. He has a personality that draws everyone toward him, in a strange, pure way. It is way out of sync here on South Beach and, therefore, highly valuable.

Two of the Italians, Leonardo and Massimo came back to say hello to our baby. They were leaving for San Francisco tomorrow.

But--for me--the big story of the day (and it should have knocked Lebanon and Israel out of The Drudge Report) was that, after deciding to add Lady Bunny to my link I walked by a store on Washington Avenue this morning on the way to the bank. It is a familiar store to me, I look in it every day (I buy my plaid pants there). AND......There is a portrait, something we all called a Thrift Store Painting of The Lady Bunny. I stopped and gazed, walked on, and returned. I returned at least four times!

This was Art imitating Trash, and I know I have discovered something wonderful.

7 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

ok where´s Lady Bunny?
I can only see your crotch on a mirror... or is it a silver tray?

"They bring in his head on a silver tray. She kisses his mouth, it's a great screenplay!"

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Rick Bettencourt said...

Love the Von Banditcourt link! Thank so much!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

Oh my! Even though I've traveled north, I still get my photo on the blog? I guess it's because I've remained a loyal member of the 7th! Why oh why didn't we convince the Italians to stay longer?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Help! I'm in the bathroom of Hear Music on Lincoln Road right now trying to score some internet access - but all these men are trying to steal my purity instead! ;)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jesse, didn't you see the tables in the room outside the bathroom? Those are to sit at and work; the bothroom is for other things. Do I have to take you by the hand everywhere?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

Oh, this child . . . what are we going to do with him, Mrs. Astor? Oh yes, we decided on Saturday. When shall we do our little excursion up to West Palm Beach?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home