"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No Escape...

...from The Madness.

I needed to do some food shopping as it was time to make KiKi's weekly casserole and it was to be chicken and sausage with egg noodles in a garlic alfredo sauce this week. Normally, I would go to Publix, but it was too late to avoid the fags and housewives and--ideally--I would go to Epicure, but it was too late to avoid the GAPS and the JAPS (Gay American Princess's and Jewish American Princesses), so I stopped in the local, friendly Art Deco Market where humble people and tourists shop (I put a scarf over my head to appear humble).

Upon entering I was engulfed in a media frenzy, and it wasn't about me. There--in the store of The Humble--was Hulk Hogan and his wife checking out with the most mundane assortment of groceries imaginable. I shamelessly joined in the fun and Hulk's wife smiled and winked at me when she saw my apparent glee.

This was for that reality show, the name of which I don't even know, but which I see from time to time on one of the bar TV's. It is an obvious rip-off of The Osbourne show and has none of the excitement of The Gotti's, but I will be the last to toss in my opinions on American taste. KiKi is going to get one, special casserole this week.

12 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

As both a GAP and a JAP - I resent that! ;)

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

We all want to know - did you score a cameo appearance?!?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jesse, you REPRESENT that.

Mark, no one asked me so sign a release, although there was a girl with a pile of them on the other side of the cameraman.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

Damnit, I miss ALL the fun.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

That is AWESOME!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

thank goodness you decided to bypass a critique of Mr. Hogan's fashion sense. Hulk may be many things, but he will never qualify for a GAP card. We're just too exclusive for that. (and I agree, Jesse truly resembles that remark...)

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Besides, ain't SoBe glamorous??

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Maven said...

Great picture! Doesn't Hogan live in Clearwater? When I visited Clearwater and took one of those river cruise thingies, they took us past all the celebrities' houses.

 
At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why in the hell didn't you give Hulk some fashion tips while you were there. His brassy-white blonde head fringe has to go. I won't even start on those damn cut off shirts he wears. Nice arms though, did you get to touch them?
kb

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Am I supposed to do EVERYTHING? I hardly have a minute to myself.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

What fun!!

Plus I'd like to go to one of Kiki's dinner parties; sounds like the menu rivals the Countess duBarry!

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Kiki is the best fed bitch on South Beach (and I mean that in the nicest possible way...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home