"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, October 23, 2006

My life has always been one drag show after another, and tonight we will have the great pleasure of seeing Katherine Harris in her one and only debate with Democrat Senator, Bill Nelson. One account in today's papers was priceless; it reported the notion that if Nelson says absolutlely nothing during the debate and lets this gargole talk, he will increase his lead from the current 26 points to 40. My favorite comment from the woman who gave Bush the election: "Separation of Church and State is a lie." As true as it is, she didn't know what she meant in the first place, and has been back-pedaling ever since. It's not her make-up that's her worse enemy, it is her mind. She has gone through six or seven campaign staffs because of her fits, and couldn't even get money from the Republican party so she sold her house. Well, not actually, because that grandstanding was debunked when it was shown she just borrowed from friends and relatives.

Meanwhile, my mood at The Palace was taken up today as an issue. In my absence (as usual) on Sunday, a bloodbath ensued, and I really took issue with the way it was done. One wag said, "Oh, Alexis, you go through life as if everything is a careful dance, a Minuet." I looked at him and replied, "My interests have always been that every "step" of any dance I do is done with perfection and assurance. I don't see that today." (I detest chaos in a ballroom.)

And finally, another sage told me I was being morbid to which I replied, "Yes, I am. Over 3,000 Americans have been killed for NOTHING in Iraq, the Bush government is mortgaging our future to the Chinese by selling them billions of dollars of bonds, and my dress for the ball on Saturday isn't finished yet. Wouldn't YOU be morbid?" I hate stupid people.

2 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Black and Tan Mark said...

Mrs. Astor,
Thank you for putting the Wicked Witch of West Florida on the blog today; I regret not being able to see the debate, but there were ice cream cones and a bird to buy. I can't wait to see the highlights on the 11 o'clock news.....
--B&T

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

If the Dems fail to snatch defeat from the mouth of victory, it will only be due to the tremendous efforts of incompetent Repub. candidates like Ms. Harris. Let's hear it for incompetence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home