"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, October 20, 2006

Another Friday


I was having in in-depth discussion with my legal advisor, Riley, and my Swiss financial advisor, Inskeep, when I heard, "Are you almost done?" I turned around so fast I think I might have set the earth off it's rotation a bit and found--who do you know-- but Jay, who just a few weeks ago we had annointed "New Court Favortite" to, and there was his friend, Christian, who kept digging into his backside.

Riley and Jay both go to UM law school, so I had to get a shot of them discussing the latest legal scandals of the Bush administration.
Suddenly, one of the bartenders knocked over a drink right into Riley's lap. We all expressed dismay, when Riley actually had the nerve to ask, "Was it an expensive drink?" I threw my head back and replied, "No, my dear, it was not the Louis XIV grand cognac, but a rather embarrassing bottle of Budweisser." He was mortified.


Then a new friend who is going to be a part of the Baby Jane Hudson outfit made his appearance. "You know, Blanche, we have rats in the cellar?"

Thanks Luis and Mark for the prop and the fun.

6 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

Nice tupé

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Tom said...

Lucky Budweiser.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

You knocked a drink onto a budding LAWYER?? I fear for lawsuits and subpeonas...

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

The rat.....very nice touch. I am impressed with your attention to detail. I can see Ian lifting the lid off of the plate and screaming whenever he wants to shake up the party!!!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Jesse said...

OMG - his eyes! I Love his eyes! :)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

who's eyes? Jay's, or the rat's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home