"the" Mrs. Astor

Monday, November 06, 2006

Being Happy...


...in The Happy Place. Tonight brought a close to a ten day tsunami of parties, dinners, and dancing. Instead of moaning and groaning about the changes we have suffered through at The Palace, we focused on being happy and proved that an enlightened group of like-minded people can turn any place "happy". There were conga lines of hipsters like The Countess and Ditmar to join in on...

...or pockets of "The Kids", our resident, constantly gyrating Latins.

I didn't go directly to La Casa. There is always work to be done and I had to plan tomorrow's victory celebration; regretably Jeremy can't be here for that. With John Kerry's mouth duct taped shut there isn't much chance of a Democratic "mistake" and after they are kicked out of the Congress tomorrow, I fully expect the Republicans' heads to be mounted on pikes. All this election nonsense could have been avoided if my other suggestion of just surrounding the The Capitol with troops and shooting every other one was deemed too harsh. (I miss the old days when The Tsar would just send The Duma home; it was a simple solution to an annoying problem, and one that assured that we didn't have to sit through so many nasty commercials.)

Another issue addressed was the assembling of a two-year plan for Jeremy when he returns. This white paper (being drafted by Riley) will set out a list of recommended activities and positions for Jeremy's own congressional run down the road. Our steering committee will review every action, every statement, every possible "mistake" he might make; who knows what crazy ideas he's going to be carrying back with him from Bogata! We are going to be very firm with our friend and quite frankly tell him that our future ambassador positions are on the line and we have already begun planning the countries we will serve in. That's right, Jeremy, it's not just about you any more; it's US, and by that I of course mean the country.

7 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Showtune said...

Awwwwwwww, I miss you guys! When does the Captain return?

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Not soon enough....but within weeks.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Ok, I pick Brussels -- there are bunches of institutions to be an ambassador to and the food is the best outside of Paris (or Lyon). The Belgians know how to live!! And it is just cold enough long enough to provide assurance that the furs have their season.

I miss Jeremy too... I am in constant fear for my life with him away (yes, paranoia doesn't is a complicating factor)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

oooohhh -- it just struck me, Michael Riley as a campaign manager? What fun!! I do fear for the opponent...

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

That conga line was a lot of fun. Even Cosette is smiling!!

The Happy Place was really jumping that night!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I think we should all pick our countries of service now. And--as we discussed tonight--Riley as campaign manager is like having a pitbull gnowing at your ankle. (That's why I keep him on my right at official functions; my snkles are crossed to the left.)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Maven said...

Not to offend, but in some pics, her majesty looks like Paula Deen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home