"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, January 14, 2007



Court is cancelled again today, members, until the owner decides if he wants to act in a civilized manner in public.

Instead naval manouvers will take place as word just arrived that The Bishop's 60-foot yacht, Excalibur, just docked at Sunset Harbor. If the winds die down a little, Bob will take our more humble 50-foot flagship of The Great Southern Fleet out of the Miami Marina and up the bay to Sunset. Apart from taking care of refreshments and snacks, my main endeavor will be NOT to fall overboard as I almost did two weeks ago; we need more crew boys to care for ladies of my social magnitude.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Since I always bring my built in Mae West life preserver with me everywhere I go, I never worry about falling overboard.

*waves* to The Bishop.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

"Social magnitude"! I've never heard it called that. Good one.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I stole it from Pearl Bailey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home