"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, January 13, 2007

High drama, treason, plots, and threats have overtaken The Palace today. Quite frankly, it is impossible to explain how owners could ruin a business so adept at being successful. Did I hear "drugs and drinking" from the Greek chorus?


There is nothing I can do but order the sacrifices of more boys in insure prosperity and good weather. Fortunately, the staff is more than tuned in to such things.

It's not as if I have to sound a gong or anything like that to force a boy to prostate himself for the good of all. That's a "good thing".

My main goal is to hide behind the cloak of mystery, the parisol of intrigue; always there, but seldom noticed. As Riley says, "Wielding power is a many-faceted tool, but you never want the public to see you holding it".

In the end, all I can do is maintain the least amount of decorum one indivual can, setting an example but never the rule.

5 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In some cases the "Right" thing and the "Easy" thing to do is one in the same. Always remember that to walk the middle line when making decisions is to remember who you are and why you are where you are at this moment.

Don't be involved in gossip and shadow and mirrors. Be honest and forthright and do what needs to be done, because it is necessary, NOT because it is easy.

Don't emasculate a young man for the sake of others, I think that would be beneath you. Scape goats ARE a South Beach staple and to get into the pit with the vipers would be a costly move, not only to your reputation but to your own self respect.

I've been on the receiving end of South Beach Scorn before, and I know where you are as well.

Jeremiah

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Officer Brian said...

oh my, is that DJ Connie Casserole?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Ian Gutierrez said...

awwwwww you look so beautiful on that pic with Geraldine...

will you marry me????

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

Jeremiah, you are right.
Brian, you are wrong,
Ian, No.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

A. re:Ian, too late.

If SoBe is the engine, drama is the lubricant that keeps the engine going. As one debauched ruin to another: Let the good times roll, one more time! (hmmm, I think I'll start a rock band, The Debauched Ruin -- I'll recruit a few Stones and some backup blues singers, Whitney needs a gig)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home