"the" Mrs. Astor

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Well, kept MY New Years resolution: go to be early, wake up all healthy, and write my resume from scratch. (Who knows where the disk with the other one is, but who cares.) How interesting it is to look over your life in the recreation of a resume. All resumes show only a part of what you really are.

In New York I worked for the same national corporation for 14 years; worked by day, that is. By night I combed the gutter clubs in search of its creatures to photograph and meet. My apartment was always open to the demimonde and many lasting friendships came down my way.

In Miami I have worked for four of the most popular venues at which the demimonde freely associate in the daylight. It seems like a dream come true is so many ways. And let's not even mention my childhood dream of living and working among palm trees. Still I am not happy.

Disastrous decisions have been made over my head (and there aren't many who can do that), and I feel that all the work I and Boris put in has been in vain. Hence, the resume, and everyone who knows me knows that when I make a decision it is a hard thing to convince otherwise of.

But, I did it and not only does it look fabulous, and that I have worked at the most fabulous places here, but now I feel fabulous because I promised Jeremy, Riley, Dr. Brad, and close staff that I would do it. What better way to start The New Year.

Now if I can just correct this other little problem I have of being sober........Jeremy!!!!!!

9 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Alors, alors (sober!?!). I have only been away a month and things have deteriorated to that state? I am rushing to the cathedral to light multiple candles -- who is the Saint of winemakers anyway? Not to worry they will know.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that is an invitation when I see the words Jeremy and Sober in the same sentence.

5 years this past December.

I used to haunt the clubs of South Beach as well, Back when Crobar, Salvation, SCORE and Cheers were the fad of the day....

Cheers is gone and became a car park
Salvation closed after I got sober, perish the thought that because of my lack of patronage they had to close *cheeky grin* I forgot SCORE!! UGH

There are far better things in life to do than troll the clubs by day - perish the thought, and bar hop night after night. Oh My Goodness the drama.

You know - whatever you choose to do, your court, it seems to me, would follow and adore you to the ends of the earth. Being Sober isn't that bad, once you get used to watching others get trashed night after night...

I miss it sometimes, but for the most part I honor my sobriety. Good Luck, and remember bitches and queens stab each other in the back on South Beach and that is no new NEWS...

Sad that you got the shaft.

I know - in any case - you WILL land on your feet - tiara in tact and your court of admirers at your beck and call.

I will light candles for you here and pray that you are well.

Cheers
Jeremy

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure you have no plans from the 31st of January to the 13th of February, or at least one evening so we can get together. The boyfriend and I are coming to town for an escape from the cold European winter.

Should I assume we´re not meeting at the Palace, and secondly, should I also assume that we won´t be drinking? I´m not quite clear if you are sober, or what to be exact, but, regardless, I wish you the best in all your endevours this year my Grace and thank you for your continued inspiration to lead a fucking fabulous life.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger The INFOSEC Consultant said...

Did JEREMY say "SOBER"?? (oh, my GOD!!)

J., love ya.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

I hope no one got the wong imprssion: I am is stil control of the Palace. I just thing it is time t leave. No need for panicl

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

PANIC? Just read that post!!!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Showtune said...

WOW! What the heck is going on down there? I think I need to visit soon. Stay until MLK Jr. weekend. I'll be there! Hugs!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Panic? No, not me. Not one bit. I had to call duBarry and ask her what was going on but she reassured me that the Happy Place will still be there when I visit.

Good luck on the resume. It is very satisfying to list your accomplishmentsl.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Jesse said...

Hmmmm,

I am also currently working on my resume? Coincidence? I think not!! I smell a reality TV show in the works - 9 to 5, The Sequel! Haha! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home