"the" Mrs. Astor

Saturday, January 27, 2007

They Know Not What They Do


ESPN is setting up their immense headquarters right across the street from us.

In an effort to establish good relations and tell them that they had to re-focus their night spotlights off of us, I sauntered over today. I asked the first burly tech, "Who is in charge of all of this?" "Go over to that area, it's Michelle Marquez." (Nice aristocratic name, I thought.)

Soon, I was introducing myself to Michelle and she immediately acknowledged the spotlight problem. Then, she asked if I would like a tour of the operations (and, it was impressive). She mentioned that she had noticed "the place with the blue umbrellas next to The Tides", and I said that we were popular and inexpensive. Michelle asked, "If I post a bulletin to eat at a place so convenient, could we get a discount?" "Absolutely, we would be honored and I will inform the managers to look for the ESPN neck tags."

I told her about the drag shows, and she was all aglow. Look out America; here we come.

2 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burly techs, body shots and drag shows.

I wish I'd visited back in the day so that I could say "I remember The Palace when..."

My best to Madame Marquez too.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

I will be 'getting the works'...hair, nails, facial, etc. Just in case they want an interview. With so much royalty all in one place, I have no doubt that Oprah will soon be calling!

Can't wait to see you next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home