"the" Mrs. Astor

Friday, September 21, 2007

My beloved Captain of the Guard returns to his Palace post tomorrow, and I have scheduled the official Welcome Home party for Sunday, 4 PM. The guns of the Great Southern Fleet will be stationed off the coast to fire the salute, the machine gun nests on the roof of The Palace will be oiled up for the peasants, and I will wear my finest silk tea gown to welcome him. Mrs. Stuyvesant-Fish will be one step behind me (trying to hide the flask) and the old Court will take off their hats.

Within minutes, Mr. Astor and I will dash off to his mainland estate for some peace and quiet in anticipation of a very hectic weekend. It may be the last for a while.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Anxiously awaiting the first reports from Jeremy's triumphant return to SoBe.

Please post lots of pictures.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gasp. This is as beautiful a blog as I was told. I won't tell you who told me, but he's tall and goes by "sir."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home