"the" Mrs. Astor

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Team Palace (me, Carlos, Alberto,and Ray) turned out the crowd yesterday and by 8 PM Thomas Barker was over the $8,000 mark--half of the goal of $15,000 by December 21. It didn't hurt that people like my housemate, Terry Z, didn't go boating and instead threw in $500 to the effort; everyone who attended that Saturday afternoon love fest should pat themselves on the shoulder for being so good and generous. Mr. Astor works all day today, and I am taking the day of madness off. (I think).

I have to rehearse my new act--thought up in a haze--: Burghie, The Duchess of Pork.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Countess Bedelia said...

Fantastic! You and all the wonderful staff at The Palace are always coming through for a good cause. I'm proud to know you!

"Duchess of Pork"??? Is it time for Jenny Craig?

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

We are proud to know YOU!

The Palace will rule this town.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading about your social butterfly life and all the events you attend. And the pictures really encapsulate "the moment."

Good stuff!

Maven

 

Post a Comment

<< Home